Wednesday 3 August 2011

Post Exercise Smoothies

Just recently I unboxed a smoothie maker that previously hadn't been used.  In the last few weeks is has never stopped.  I use it some mornings for a bit of variation with breakfast, but I find it great for making a post exercise drink/snack.


Here is my offering this evening after my cycle.
  • Crushed ice
  • Dash of pure orange juice
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Orange
  • 1 Pear
  • 3/4 raspberries
  • 5/6 blueberries
  • half cup of muesli
Just tipped the whole thing into the blender and in 2 minutes, smoothie was finished.  If it is too thick, just add a little more orange juice and give it another blast!

It is very simple to make and easy way of getting the fruit allocation for the day.  Perfect for after a cycle.

I am curious to see do many of you use smoothies for post exercise recovery drinks.  What do you put in them?  Click on comments below to leave any of your smoothie recipies.
In next few weeks, a Sports Nutrtitionist will be posting a few articles here about diet tips etc. So check back to view them.

No comments: